Monday, November 10, 2008

Cousin in England from Susanne deMouilpied b. 1803

So here you go. A cousin from England found some deMouilpied roots here online. I will copy the email for you all to read below. What is exciting is the Suzanne in question is right on the chart that is on the blog dated Oct. 19, 2008 - The Descendants List. So here goes from Christine and Michael:

"hi,i saw your blog while doing research on my wifes family tree,we have a jean le lacheur (my wifes line) b.1781 son of guillaume le lacheur and ester simon.jean marries (13june 1805) susanne de mouillepied daughter of nicholas de mouillepied b1746 d.1842 and mother marguerite martin b1749 d1842 they had a son isaac who marries rachel vaudin they then had 3 children, james,gustavus,adelphus.
gustavus turns up next in the states (u.s.a ) where he marries mary louise who is an 8th.generation descendant of "william brewster of the mayflower"leader of the pilgrims of plymouth colony (see boston library,BREWSTER ANCESTRY LINE ,their marriage is entered in the records ) i hope this might be of interest"

(me) Nicolas b.1746 is the seventh generation near the bottom of the first page of the descendant list, that is where I found it. His daughter Susanne (8th generation) is actually on the second page. Nicolas had a lot of children! Our common grandparent is Nicolas b. 1721, generation 6.

"dear Deborah, We live in Fakenham, North Norfolk,England.I am norfolk born and bred ( we are nicknamed carrot crunches ! ) ,my wife christine has roots in Guernsey on mother and fathers side with family members still living there.I will send you an invitation to view my tree on ancestry if you click the link it will take you to our tree, you will find marriage entries for Jean and Susanne which you might find interesting.Am i correct in saying this would make you and christine distant cousins ? all the best Deborah.Christine and michael2008/11/8"

From me (Debby) We would have in common the 6 th generation and believe Joseph, my GGGreat Grandfather was generation 10, so I would be generation 14 so we are 8th cousins? maybe something removed too.? there is a link to understanding cousins on the side of my blog, down the left side.
Thanks again and I will post this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the BLOG it is excellent. Do you know who Susanne De Moulipied married, as a Susanne De Moulipied married my great great Grand Father James Robert on the 28th July 1828 and I'm wondering if they are the same person.

Thanks

Stuart Robert
stuart@robert.com.au