Monday, November 17, 2008

English Connection for a Different Susanne deMouilpied

Below is an email from Bob. The deMouilpied connection goes back to Suzanne deMouilpied.
Thanks for sharing Bob! ... Can anyone help?

"I do not have much more information than was included in the spreadsheet that I forwarded. This information was obtained in the main from the 1841, 1851 and 1881 Census that I looked at at the St Peter Port Central Library during a visit to Guernsey about 10 years ago. I was at that time more interested in my wife's Phillips family who had a tobacconists shop in Fountain Street, St Peter Port and also my ancestor who married in the Town church in St Peter Port in 1815. It was during that visit and research on the Phillips family that I became aware of the de Moulpied connection.

The de Moulpied information that I have gleaned from the Census is that Nancy Moulpied was born about 1814, living in Fountain St at the time of the Census, and her mother was Susan de Moulpied born about 1776 and eventually living with her daughter.

Janet Phillips is the one more interested in this branch of the family and she would be happy for you to include this information in your Blog."

No comments: