Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ausie Connections

There are several deMoulpied/deMouilpied families in Australia. I know of the origins of at least one of them.

According to the lineage chart that I have (I tried like crazy to get it on line today but couldn't, hopefully tomorrw) Jean (John) deMouilpied was first to go to Australia (and had a twin, Thomas). His birth year was 1822 and I have a death year of 1886. Jean' s parents were Nicolas deMouilpied, b. 1791, and Rachel Martin. Jean's older brother was the Nicolas who went to South Dakota and Wisconsin and became the Mid-West deMoulpied branch. Pretty adventuresome brothers.

According to my records, John (Jean) married Emma Sterling and both are buried in Minyip. They had one son (maybe more) Henry William deMouilpied b. 1859, married Mary Jane Bennett b.1869. Both buried in Nhill.
They had a son Henry John deMouilpied b.1888 who married Eva Olive Harris b 1891.

It gets a little fuzzy around here. Perhaps someone can help me out. Looks like Henry John had a son John de Mouilpied b. 1912 in Warracknabeal, in addition to maybe Gladys Eva deMouilpied. That would make sense having the Eva carry on. Gladys Eva married Raymond Geirge Allen b. July 7, 1913. and had lots of Allens.

John had a daughter Evie whom I visited in Australia. So we were related going way back to the common grandparent of the Nicolas (1721) mentioned in the second paragraph. This is just a start. Let me know if you fit in somewhere here. Cheers!

No comments: