Monday, September 1, 2008

Mystery in Maine

Four weeks ago I joined cousin Kathy and Deborah, who's from Maine, to go to Gaspe, Canada to finalize information about Joseph and his early life. While in Maine, I revisited my notes about a lineage there that I would like to clarify.

Starting with Joseph, he had 6 children - Emily Sophia, Sophia Hamelin, Francis Arthur, Charles, Walter and Alfred. I come from Charles, who settled in Manchester, NH.

Charles had six children - Clara, Walter (my grandfather), Maybelle, Elizabeth, Maude and Charles Kenneth. Charles Kenneth went to Maine.

Looks like Charles married an Elizabeth Pinkham and had only one daughter- Sandra. A Maine obit reads: daughter of Charles K. and Elizabeth
M.
(Pinkham) deMoulpied. Sandra was employed by Sears for
several years before retiring in 1990. She is survived
by her
three daughters, Julie A. Perkins and her husband, Kevin
of
Bucksport, Suzanne E. Brown and her husband, Bruce of
Veazie and Carol A. Hanscom and her husband, Ronald of
Brewer; six grandsons, William "BJ" Mooney, Matthew
Perkins, Daniel Hanscom, Jared and Justin Brown and
Samuel Hanscom.

What's fuzzy is it looks like Kenneth married again to an Eleanor and there is a Virgie name floating around too that I would like information on.

Any Maine cousins out there? I would love to hear from you: demoulpied@gmail.com

More later

1 comment:

Stella said...

This is a wonderful site. Thank you for all your hard work!